• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome To dLife.in Community!

If you are new here, please take time to READ THIS and then signup for account. Please make sure you check your SPAM folder for email validation mail. Also white-list @dlife.in in your mail client.

Type 2 Vinay Raj's Introduction & Detailed Daily Logs

Anup Singh

7th yr T2 No Meds
Moderating Team
Diabetic Since
Feb 14, 2011
Diabetes Type
Type 2
As I said I hardly eat for taste,
During early days, when I was desperately scouting different forums, came across one diabetic whose TG was <30.
Paraphrasing his statement:

Eating for him is not for entertainment but just part of a regular chore like brushing teeth, going to loo etc!
elle jay can tweak and make it better I am sure. But, she has her hands full as of now.

elle jay

Moderating Team
Diabetic Since
Nov 30, -0001
Your protein buns need to be there elsewhere too
i was thinking along those lines too

@elle jay to try and authenticate it.
Boss ,could you post the recipe and if possible a pic as well - we could all make a joint effort to trouble shoot and possibly make some tweaks to make it more palatable. From what I've read ,protein powders tend to make the end product very dry, but I have no personal experience with them.

arnott

Regular Member L19
Diabetic Since
Nov 30, -0001
Had a muscle tear about 10 months ago and recovered. It sometimes still swells up a little for a couple of days and goes down. Not much pain or anything, but it does happen, often when I tend to be seated a lot and not moving it.
Oh, take care ! Have you tried any alternative treatment ? Ayurvedic massage maybe ?

After your workout do you use a foam roller and do self-massaging ? That may help.

Vinay Raj

On Ketogenic Diet
Moderating Team
Diabetic Since
Nov 30, -0001
Diabetes Type
Type 2
Oh, take care ! Have you tried any alternative treatment ? Ayurvedic massage maybe ?

After your workout do you use a foam roller and do self-massaging ? That may help.
I used a type of ayurvedic treatment called "puttu kattu" which is famous in TN and AP and is traditional medicine and method to heal it..

Vinay Raj

On Ketogenic Diet
Moderating Team
Diabetic Since
Nov 30, -0001
Diabetes Type
Type 2
Day 222 - November 13th
-----------------------------

FBS: 90 Ketones: 0.4 Weight 85.8 ( 85.6) +0.2kg

7:30am

BCAA: 10g preworkout + 10g intraworkout

1:40 pm: BS: 68 Ketones: 1.4

cabbage coconut gravy, caytoe squash , protein custard (~30g)

4pm : Black coffee + protein bun (~40g)

6:30 pm: 2* (1egg + 3 egg white) masala omlette , home made salad

Notes:
-------

- Protein was on target today (~120g)

- Good to see ketones ramping up pretty quickly and will be good to see how the fast goes tomorrow

Anup Singh

7th yr T2 No Meds
Moderating Team
Diabetic Since
Feb 14, 2011
Diabetes Type
Type 2
I thought you were trying to regenerate your beta-cells through IF.
Beta cells can't be regenerated. In mouse model study, it was found that regeneration does happen at blood sugar levels of 15mg/dL or lower.
At best, dysfunctional (not dead) one's because of pancreatic fat (probably) become functional again and that's wrongly perceived as regeneration.
Dysfunctional -- those on the boundary line of being dead.

HSD can expand on this, I think. Meanwhile here's one study
Pancreatic fat content and beta-cell function in men with and without type 2 diabetes. - PubMed - NCBI

IIRC, Vinay Raj's fasting insulin levels have improved slightly.

Last edited:

shashikantiyengar

Diet control only
Moderating Team
Diabetes Type
Type 2
Beta cells can't be regenerated. In mouse model study, it was found that regenration does happen at blood sugar levels of 15mg/dL or lower.
At best, dysfunctional (not dead) one's because of pancreatic fat (probably) become functional again and that's wrongly perceived as regeneration.
Dysfunctional -- those on the boundary line of being dead.

HSD can expand on this, I think. Meanwhile here's one study
Pancreatic fat content and beta-cell function in men with and without type 2 diabetes. - PubMed - NCBI

IIRC, Vinay Raj's fasting insulin levels have improved slightly.
I believe that at best we can at least maintain what ever beta cells are there in a good health with low carb
The present Insulin level itself indicate that that we have excess secretion with whatever beta cell mass we have...
This itself it sufficient for us
Many kidney pts just manage with 1 kidney
Low carb can help us use the existing beta cells effectively without burdening them..
Just a thought..

Anup Singh

7th yr T2 No Meds
Moderating Team
Diabetic Since
Feb 14, 2011
Diabetes Type
Type 2
Many kidney pts just manage with 1 kidney
Low carb can help us use the existing beta cells effectively without burdening them..
Just a thought..
Precisely Sir ji.
We just "conserve" by reducing the insulin needs and also by preserving the functional one's by ensuring that we are not shooting beyond 120 for PPBS and sub 100 for FBS.

Gautam20

Veteran Member
Diabetic Since
Jan 10, 2020
Diabetes Type
Type 2
Precisely Sir ji.
We just "conserve" by reducing the insulin needs and also by preserving the functional one's by ensuring that we are not shooting beyond 120 for PPBS and sub 100 for FBS.
Liver in that regards is a more forgiving organ. I have read that somebody implanted with 1/3rd of liver can manage fine and overtime the liver grows in size too. Amitabh Bachchan has been managing with damaged liver since his Cooliee accident. Since liver plays and important part in developing metabolic syndrome especially with glycogen formation and release. My guess is that if sugar levels are maintained at normal level then there could be significant improvement in liver function. The lifespan of liver cells is about 1 year to 1.5 years.

Vinay Raj

On Ketogenic Diet
Moderating Team
Diabetic Since
Nov 30, -0001
Diabetes Type
Type 2
Day 223 - November 14th
-----------------------------

FBS: 76 Ketones: 0.7 Weight : 85.8 (85.8) 0kg

RBS: 2:30pm : 83

RBS: 7:30pm 67

7:30pm - 8:40pm : Lower bodyworkout including Deadlifts and hackaquats

RBS: 10:55pm: 69

Notes:
-------

- The fast was effortless during the day. Had a very good workout, but been feeling ravenously hungry for an hour after workout. Some water and a lime juice later, the hunger is gone once again

- No change or observation in strength

-Expecting a "whoosh" down tomorrow of about 0.6-1.3 kgs going by history

Vinay Raj

On Ketogenic Diet
Moderating Team
Diabetic Since
Nov 30, -0001
Diabetes Type
Type 2
Not really Anup Singh anything between 4.8-5.3 is okay. As you know am focusing more on strength, LBM, overall health and wellness. I would be happier with TG<60 HDL > 60 , hs-crp ~0.5 as those would be much better markers. The BS was lower due to the Ekadashi fasting I guess.