• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome To dLife.in Community!

If you are new here, please take time to READ THIS and then signup for account. Please make sure you check your SPAM folder for email validation mail. Also white-list @dlife.in in your mail client.

Type 2 My reports after 3 months

Trupti nabar

Veteran Member
Diabetes Type
Type 2
Hello all.

Ok guys i got a few tests done
Test. 12/11. 17/8
Fbs. 130. 176
Ppbs. 111. 225
Triglycerides 191. 398
Ldl. 161. 113
Urine albumin 12

Other tests will b conducted on 17th as we hv to wait for 3 months b4 doing them.

All other parameters hv been under control just cholesterol has gone high. The doctor was rounding all his statements. And completely confused me.

He had increased my metformin 3 days b4 the test to 750mg from 500 mgand claimed tht the triglycerides decreased coz of tht...

Any opinion i think the doc is trying to get me on medics addiction.....

Confused
šŸ˜•

Anup Singh

7th yr T2 No Meds
Moderating Team
Diabetic Since
Feb 14, 2011
Diabetes Type
Type 2
FBS is still high.
TG is too high.
MF doesn't do a thing to TG. Drug for TG is fenofibrates or something
Are you losing weight?
How much carbs/day from all sources (grains/vegetables/fruits/nuts/dairy) in a day?

Trupti nabar

Veteran Member
Diabetes Type
Type 2
Carbs vary from 60 gms to abt 90 gms daily.

I hv lost about 5.5 kgs since thia test.

I hv been on medication for severe flu with antibiotics if that plays any role in the figures. I was checking on and off.

What wud u recommend

Trupti nabar

Veteran Member
Diabetes Type
Type 2
With bad flu i had terrible throat hence my water intake had gone super down...

I do a regular 16 : 8 IF

With coffee with cream in the morning...

Veggies salad protein and cheese for lunch

Cook mostly in coconut oil

Have some nuts for evening snacks.

Early dinner everyday by 7 pm yesterday had to take it by 9:30 for this fbs.....

Dinner mostly stirfry or salads eggs with cheese or microwave paneer tikka with mozz and chedd cheese...

I dont eat any fruits fridays and saturdays i do hv tea with milk in the morning and then lunch whatever is prepared minus the carbs... And salad with cheese

Do i really need 750mg metformin

I was doing fine with 500 mg with ppbs below 140.....

The dr was explaining some equations and all and i was not convinced.....

There r cases here the drs write medicines for bonuses... We dont pay as it come in insurance so we r not bothered....
Hence a bit skeptical

arun kumar

Moderating Team
Diabetes Type
Type 2
Do i really need 750mg metformin

I was doing fine with 500 mg with ppbs below 140.....
Looking to your PPBS you don't need any increase in MF dosage, but looking to FBS, yes you need to increase dosage, in my opinion should be gm at bed.
One of the reason for high FBS is you are going to bed at mid night, evident from timing of your post.
You should be on bed by 10 PM.
For Tg are you taking garlic?

Gautam20

Veteran Member
Diabetic Since
Jan 10, 2020
Diabetes Type
Type 2
Trupti, what is this albumin value in urine. Generally for dip test they give readings like 1+. 2+ etc.

Also, where are you getting 60-90 gm carbs in your diet? From the food items that you have mentioned my estimate would be much lower.

I would suggest you to try keto for 2-3 months. I am saying this because you are almost there with your diet and fasting regimen, just try removing a few more carbs. It has worked like a charm for me with no adverse effects.

Trupti nabar

Veteran Member
Diabetes Type
Type 2
arun kumar
I believe even she needs silymarin looking at the Fasting
may be for 3 months

Trupti nabar
Ignore cholesterol
TG could be up due to weight loss
Fasting is reduced but still need some reduction

I am sure some help for the liver will set the fasting & TG in order

But my TG has gone down to 191 its in range its the cholesterol ldl tgat went up.

Am so confused.

Am a nursing mother cant take any medicines except mf

Trupti nabar

Veteran Member
Diabetes Type
Type 2
Looking to your PPBS you don't need any increase in MF dosage, but looking to FBS, yes you need to increase dosage, in my opinion should be gm at bed.
One of the reason for high FBS is you are going to bed at mid night, evident from timing of your post.
You should be on bed by 10 PM.
For Tg are you taking garlic?

Since i am nursing i hv to wake up many times in the night. I sleep latest by 11 dont wake up early...

Trupti nabar

Veteran Member
Diabetes Type
Type 2
Trupti, what is this albumin value in urine. Generally for dip test they give readings like 1+. 2+ etc.

Also, where are you getting 60-90 gm carbs in your diet? From the food items that you have mentioned my estimate would be much lower.

I would suggest you to try keto for 2-3 months. I am saying this because you are almost there with your diet and fasting regimen, just try removing a few more carbs. It has worked like a charm for me with no adverse effects.
My macros for today.

Today being veggie day the proteins r veg

But my carbs come upto this much normally

Screenshot_2017-11-13-23-19-59.png

Ashok Sharma

Veteran Member
Diabetes Type
Type 2
Hello all.

Ok guys i got a few tests done
Test. 12/11. 17/8
Fbs. 130. 176
Ppbs. 111. 225
Triglycerides 191. 398
Ldl. 161. 113
Urine albumin 12

Other tests will b conducted on 17th as we hv to wait for 3 months b4 doing them.

All other parameters hv been under control just cholesterol has gone high. The doctor was rounding all his statements. And completely confused me.

He had increased my metformin 3 days b4 the test to 750mg from 500 mgand claimed tht the triglycerides decreased coz of tht...

Any opinion i think the doc is trying to get me on medics addiction.....

Confused
šŸ˜•
Your TG is very high . Try using Apple Cider Vinegar in the morning with 8 oz warm water. Start ACV with small amount first and you can go upto 1 tsp to 1 1/2 tsp. Add Cinnamon in your diet in some form, preferably powder form, that you can add in your warm drinks like tea, coffee etc. YOur LDL and TG will come down very fast. Your caloric intake is tool low especially when you are nursing. Need to add more calories, however, from right sources to increase your Fat and protein but not too much Carb.

Trupti nabar

Veteran Member
Diabetes Type
Type 2
Your TG is very high . Try using Apple Cider Vinegar in the morning with 8 oz warm water. Start ACV with small amount first and you can go upto 1 tsp to 1 1/2 tsp. Add Cinnamon in your diet in some form, preferably powder form, that you can add in your warm drinks like tea, coffee etc. YOur LDL and TG will come down very fast. Your caloric intake is tool low especially when you are nursing. Need to add more calories, however, from right sources to increase your Fat and protein but not too much Carb.
How much should the lipids be for a diabetic. I am working on things slowly... I am not starving my self but i just hv 2 meals a day and this suffices

Dr said tg was fine as it 50% reduced from previous test....

Ldl was a worry at 161.

Last edited by a moderator: