• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jpeg Size Optimizer

geo

Moderating Team
I see many JPEG's attached are either too big or too small (thumb nails are probably ok, I don't like them)

can we have a protocol to reduce size of the attached JPEG's to certain level so that it doesn't fill up the entire space of the screen. At the same time it is good enough to see what is there to be seen....

AbhishekAgarwal

Moderating Team
I see many JPEG's attached are either too big or too small (thumb nails are probably ok, I don't like them)

can we have a protocol to reduce size of the attached JPEG's to certain level so that it doesn't fill up the entire space of the screen. At the same time it is good enough to see what is there to be seen....
This can be done at the code level as well...though we don't do it for travellogue.org

Anup Singh

7th yr T2 No Meds
Moderating Team
If you attach image as attachments or as thumbnail (inline), then when you view them it opens all fine and resized. However, that pop up window also has the provision to see the original un-scaled image. Once it is being attached "inline" full size it takes the original dimensions. This is on purpose and by design.

geo

Moderating Team
If you attach image as attachments or as thumbnail (inline), then when you view them it opens all fine and resized. However, that pop up window also has the provision to see the original un-scaled image. Once it is being attached "inline" full size it takes the original dimensions. This is on purpose and by design.
But this is not a solution . . . .

Anup Singh

7th yr T2 No Meds
Moderating Team

This feature will be made available in the next version upgrade.
But, only Admin/Moderators will have the access rights given the fact that it is highly resource intensive. So admin/mods can resize image to other prefixed dimensions.

Last edited: