1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest Wondering How To Switch to LCHF Diet? Check Here
    Dismiss Notice
Welcome dLife.in Community!

If you are new here, please take time to READ THIS and then signup for account. Please make sure you check your SPAM folder for email validation mail. Also white-list @dlife.in in your mail client.

Vishnu's Medical Report Updates

Discussion in 'Medical Tests, Diagnostic Centers, & Hospitals' started by vishnu570, Jun 19, 2017 at 9:06 AM.

1. vishnu570

vishnu570 Active Member

Diabetic Since (dd-mm-yyyy):
    23-04-2017
    Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    I have started this thread to keep track of my test results while at the same time provide vicarious benefits to newbies. Most likely I will not be as rigorous as Vinay Raj in tracking the data as I belong to @Mukundan's school of thought about waist size being the best metric to track wellness.

Thanks to @S_antosh and @Vinay Raj for providing the links to Accu Check Drivers due to which I was able to create Accu Chek Connect Online account and thus generate the attached logs (Attachment - Accuchek Logs.pdf)
    Link to the drivers: Glucometers & Strips - Accu Chek Active

Also must thank @Asp for sharing the timely thread on Cardiac Risk Markers - Health - Know All 10 Heart Disease Risk Factors - Alan Watson

I was buoyant about the improvement in multiple parameters such as Liver, Kidney and Vitamins profile.
    However Lipid profile has brought some serious concern.

HDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECTLipidsmg/dl35-8034--35
    LDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECTLipidsmg/dl85-130101.6--100
    TRIGLYCERIDESLipidsmg/dl25-200152--169
    APOLIPOPROTEIN - A1 (APO-A1)Cardiac Risk Markersmg/dlMale : 110 - 205 | Female : 125 - 215---102
    APOLIPOPROTEIN - B (APO-B)Cardiac Risk Markersmg/dlMale : 55 - 140 | Female : 55 - 125---87
    APO B / APO A1 RATIO (APO B/A1)Cardiac Risk MarkersratioMale : 0.35 - 1.0 | Female : 0.30 - 0.9---0.9
    HIGH SENSITIVITY C-REACTIVE PROTEIN (HS-CRP)Cardiac Risk Markersmg/LRisk of coronary Heart Disease: < 1.00 -- Low Risk | 1.00 - 3.00 -- Average Risk | > 3.00 -- High Risk--13.589.43
    LIPOPROTEIN (A) [LP(A)]Cardiac Risk Markersmg/dl< 30.0 mg/dl---< 9.69
    While since Apo-B is a proxy to LDL-P and is within range, the more important concern is the low HDL and increasing TG.
    As I understand, Dr. Peter Attia started at similar levels and it took him quite a time to get to the ideal TG/HDL ratio of <1 (below snap from his Part 3 of personal journey post)

[​IMG]

So the aim for now is to be consistent with the LCHF Diet / IF Process and have faith that outcome will follow the right process. Will monitor the lipid profile on a quarterly basis if not monthly.

Detailed Tracker at Google Sheets:

I have also attached the MyFitnessPal log of my food dairy for June 11th and 12th. Could not maintain it during the workdays while I tracked the food in google sheets.
    Having got the weighing scale for food now, I can make more precise entries and capture the macros better.

Accuchek Log Summary of the 3 graphs:
    • 2 month trend since I started tracking in Mid-May.
    • Standard Day: Average Hourly Variation across 24-hours
    • Standard Week: Average Daily Variations across a week.

Attached Files:

drpighead, Harshal, Vinay Raj and 7 others like this.
  2. Anup Singh

Anup Singh Admin

14-02-2011
    Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    Great on being able to embed google spreadsheet :)
    :clap:(y):Yo:

3. vishnu570

vishnu570 Active Member

23-04-2017
    Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    @Anup Singh

Just followed your example. Saw that you faced issues in the "often used abbreviations" thread.
    Looked at the quotation of your post in bbcode editor and got the relevant tag to use.

:)(y)

4. S_antosh

S_antosh Moderator

21-03-2015
    Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    (y)

Prabhuraman and vishnu570 like this.
  5. Anup Singh

Anup Singh Admin

14-02-2011
    Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    Updated that thread for convenience of others. Now everyone can embed any sheet/doc that they would want from Google.

6. Vinay Raj

Vinay Raj Well-Known Member

Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    @vishnu570 great stuff.. In the sheet for the last day you have your ketones at 14.51 mg/dl which is 2.5 mmol/L which is great number to be in on a 60 hour fast. Perhaps which is also why the HGH is around 0.3 which was my baseline number iirc, before lchf and keto and first fast after which is ramped up drastically and settled down to about 1.8. I would interpret the same way you have wrt Dr Attia's observation give time and it works and its kind of what I observed in the shift in some values in my week 7-11 and dont worry about the small rise in TG and CHOL levels as it must be due to the fat metabolism. Amazing documentation with google sheets.

7. vishnu570

vishnu570 Active Member

23-04-2017
    Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    I have double-checked and I agree that the calculated value in spreadsheet is incorrect as I had used the Conversion Factor of 18 which is based on molecular weight of glucose. Having read further, one cannot use this Conversion Factor across the board for any mg/dl to mmol/L conversion.

However, I am equally not sure if your stated value of 2.5 mmol/L is also the correct value.
    While I did come across scymed.com/en/smnxtb/tbcbgpr1.htm which uses the conversion factor of 0.172, I have found many more reference links which use 0.098 (or, divide by 10.2) as the conversion factor for Blood Ketones.
    (Assumption: Either BHB or D3HB mean the same, or, there is not much difference in molecular weight between BHB and D3HB. Please correct me if wrong)

Reference Range provided by Thyrocare is: 0.21 to 2.81 mg/dl which translates well to 0.02 to 0.27 mmol/L (Magnus Reference Range) using the conversion factor of 0.098

Links which reflect 0.098 as the conversion factor for Blood Ketones:
    Lab Test: Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (Blood) Level
    BHB | eClinpath
    onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9780813818825.app3/pdf
    quickmedical.com/downloads/polymer-pts_panels_ketone_test_strips.pdf

This would imply that the Ketones value @ June 12th are actually 1.42 mmol/L which I think corresponds well to 1.38 from June 10th. (I did eat 2-3 maida parathas on June 11th, which is why I settled on 0.8 as a more believable value :sneaky: )

Correct me if I am wrong in my understanding.

Thanks for the compliments! You have been the inspiration and you have really set the standards in terms of data collection/analysis and interpretation.
    I only hope I can measure up to that level.

Cheers and Wish you even better progress to true wellness in your journey!

PS: Will update the google sheets in evening as it is not accessible from office.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017 at 10:38 AM
    Recyan, Ramgopal, arun kumar and 4 others like this.
  8. Vinay Raj

Vinay Raj Well-Known Member

Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    @vishnu570 you are absolutely right. I used scymed to convert which actually takes the value of Acetone which gave the value I had quoted. That is incorrect and you are right and the Wiley link is right as BHB is an indicator of acetocaetate or acetoacetic acid which is the marginal difference of 0.096 and 0.098 which is the correct multiplicative factor.
    Thanks for this knowledge in which case, I will have to rework the values I got from thyrocare. The precision xtra meter however does this calculation and gives the value in mmol/L.
    Molar Mass of Acetoacetic acid: 102.0886 g/mol, Beta hydroxy butyrate: 104.1045 g/mol, Acetone 58.08 g/mol

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017 at 5:59 PM