1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest Wondering How To Switch to LCHF Diet? Check Here
    Dismiss Notice
Welcome dLife.in Community!

If you are new here, please take time to READ THIS and then signup for account. Please make sure you check your SPAM folder for email validation mail. Also white-list @dlife.in in your mail client.

Type 1 Intro, Mother Of Juvenile Diabetic

Discussion in 'Diabetes - Type 1- Juvenile Diabetes' started by shalini, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Recyan

Recyan Moderator

Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    Yes very true. I have one written by an Indian Lady. Unfortunately, right now I am just unable to re-collect her name.

arun kumar likes this.
  2. Recyan

Recyan Moderator

Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    @shalini
    Got the name "Is Wheat Killing You" by "Ishi Khosla".
    Was wondering you or anyone else has monitored the effect of Basmati Rice on Sugar levels.

Anup Singh likes this.
  3. Anup Singh

Anup Singh Admin

Diabetic Since (dd-mm-yyyy):
    14-02-2011
    Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    @Recyan - I do take Basmati brown rice, but I don't over do so can't say much on impact.
    I had tested once with 300 grams fried rice (nothing else in that meal) through RS route and 2 Hr PPBS by lab landed 151.

Recyan likes this.
  4. shashikantiyengar

shashikantiyengar Moderator

29/09/2015
    Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    One more option in Rice is Red Rice which is whole rice but red in colour.
    Infact the origin of all statin drugs is Red rice fermented with yeast.
    So presume that if anyone likes to consume rice in form of idli or dosa better they can use red rice.
    I took a couple of small dosa made of red rice, but not fermented on this Sunday.
    PP after one hour was 145 and after 2 hrs was 123.

Anup Singh and Recyan like this.
  5. shashikantiyengar

shashikantiyengar Moderator

29/09/2015
    Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    It's available in Nature's Basket by godrej

6. arun kumar

arun kumar Moderator

Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    6 months back I had similar experience, I took nearly 100 gms of Basmati Chura (Poha) along with 200 gms curd and stevia. FBS - 95 PPBS ( after 2 hrs) - 165. And that day on wards I completely gave up rice and poha and now since last 2 months I also gave up chapati. I now realise that there are umpteen no of food which are more tasty than wheat and rice.

7. papanna

papanna Veteran Member

15/6/1993
    Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    You are left out rice and chapati too ? so how to maintain complete day it may be too difficult in everyday process ?
    can you post the detail of daily foods you consume without rice and chapati Even Anup also may consume one chapati also and HSD will use LW

PUTTARAJU H S likes this.
  8. arun kumar

arun kumar Moderator

Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    I am taking lot of greens and some pulses. Increase my consumption of paneer to 100 gms/ day. Sprouts and nuts around 100 gms. Nearly 50 gms. sattu and of course VCO, ghee, butter and cheese. In fact I don't have any carving for wheat and rice.

Recyan, mimani201, Protocol and 2 others like this.
  9. papanna

papanna Veteran Member

15/6/1993
    Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    Now you may completely left out rice and chapati? You are maintain within vegetables sprouts and nuts O K What is Sattu
    Now you may taken glimepride and metformin ? or stopped If you taken which time Since you have performed Intermitting fasting so drugs in which u may taken ?

10. arun kumar

arun kumar Moderator

Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    @papanna Sattu is baked gram (Chana) powder. In our region it is very common food and can be used in different ways. I use to take sattu sharbat by putting 50 gms. sattu in 300 ml water and add black salt, baked jeera powder, some lemon juice and chat masala. Tasty and satiating. Another recipe of sattu - In 50 gms sattu add one tablespoon of ghee and some stevia and kneed by adding some water, good desert.
    Now I am on Metformin only 500 SR * 2.

Recyan, papanna, HSD and 2 others like this.
  11. Anup Singh

Anup Singh Admin

14-02-2011
    Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    @arun kumar -- Sattu rotee is great, though it cannot be rolled the conventional way! A rollable version is:

Wheat flour (just enough to help rolling and nothing more) bajra flour and besan. Chopped greens added. Make a crispy rotee, load with ghee or butter and enjoy with baingan ka bharta or dry veg preparation.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    Recyan, papanna, HSD and 3 others like this.
  12. arun kumar

arun kumar Moderator

Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    @Anup Singh Yes, Sattu roti is common in my family but I avoid taking it now because it has to used as filler in wheat floor roti, we call it sattu paratha. One sattu paratha contains nearly 30 gms wheat floor, 20 gms sattu mix with finally chopped green chili, onion, garliic, achar masala, lemon juice, Ajoin etc. I take 1/2 sattu paratha may be once in fortnight.

Recyan, Anup Singh and papanna like this.
  13. papanna

papanna Veteran Member

15/6/1993
    Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    I am not known about sattu here it may not be used . However in Northeren karnatak a grain named as SAJJE to be used for roti justlike wheat and jowar. in north Karnataka their main food isjowar and sajje
    Further I expected that you may consume metformin 500 in 2 times Whether you take metformin before breakfast or before lunch ? I think you may performed intermeitting fasting hence you may take it before lunch or after lunch and after dinne ranother 500 mg
    You are controled B S level good way

arun kumar likes this.
  14. arun kumar

arun kumar Moderator

Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    I searched Sattu at Banglore 3 years back when I was there for a month, but could not found it. But at Mumbai it is available with select shops. I am taking BF so I take metformin just before Lunch and seconnd dose before dinner. Presently my FBS is hovering around 90-95 and PPBS around 115 - 120.

Recyan, Anup Singh and papanna like this.
  15. papanna

papanna Veteran Member

15/6/1993
    Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    By interestingly I am asked this I am not used any thing small quantity of of rice and 1/2 chapati of wheat only any one either lunch or dinner

arun kumar likes this.
  16. arun kumar

arun kumar Moderator

Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    @papanna small qnty of rice or 1/2 to 1 roti in 24 hrs. is required, if you are not having other rich source of carb. Take it in the dinner to avoid night hypoglycemia. In my case since I have cut down all other drugs, except Metformin, I have to take low carb diet (around 60 gms.) to avoid spike in sugar level.

17. PUTTARAJU H S

PUTTARAJU H S Active Member

01-01-2011
    Diabetes Type:
    Type 1
    --- Post Auto Merged ---
    VERY GOOD INFORMATION