1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest Wondering How To Switch to LCHF Diet? Check Here
    Dismiss Notice
Welcome dLife.in Community!

If you are new here, please take time to READ THIS and then signup for account. Please make sure you check your SPAM folder for email validation mail. Also white-list @dlife.in in your mail client.

Cheese And Weight Gain?

Discussion in 'Obesity & Weight Loss' started by nirupama, Oct 12, 2016.

1. papanna

papanna Veteran Member

Diabetic Since (dd-mm-yyyy):
    15/6/1993
    Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    Wt gain is not necessary for diabetic person. The main rule is every person-try to minimum of 10-15 % lower of normal range wt is good and they may have no problems of any health diseases if any diseases it may not became too much complication. Even in diabetic persons wt in lower person has more resistance power and insulin sensitivity also some how good than over wt person.
    However any wt gain process may be considered for non diabetic person is O K but it may not possible to diabetic person . If wanted it may be the problem of blood sugar spike.
    However BS level controlled person if want to wt gain may be taken as natural way by controling BS level.
    However Ayurvedic medcines may help but all it contain sugary product and carb product so blood sugar level may be spike.
    P UNCHAMTRUTHA This contain 5 ingredients Milk curd ghee Honey and Banana
    Milk curd taken 100 ml each and add chopped Banana 1 and add Ghee 3 spoon and Honey may be 1 or 2 spoon. ( Do not mix equal proportion of both Honey and Ghee.)
    You may also seen it in Temples given as THEERTHA in special poojas
    This is more vitamins and minerals and also helps wt gain naturally. For diabetic person may skip all their consuming food only consume this 100 / 150 ml only
    However BS spikes may be but without consuming any thing it may be useful Try 3 days and see the result.

Excess protein taken may be hep to wt gain also. Upto one stage protein may be reduced the body wt but after excess it increases the body wt.
    But it may be complicated for ged person if it not digest other complication may be noticed.
    I thik @Vinay Raj has increased his wt by taking 100/ 110 gm of protein
    BTW wt gain by any person if it is natural way it is good for health.

Otherwise if you consume more junk food in evening snack and eating 4 / 5 times and totally calorie increases with junk food and exceess food wt will gain but it is only overwt and obese and not healthy wt.

arun kumar, Recyan, Vinay Raj and 3 others like this.
  2. Vinay Raj

Vinay Raj Moderator

Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    I have gained about 2.5 kgs in the last 45 days or so. It should atleast be 1:1 :: Fat:Muscle gain given I strength train and eat correctly, but given I dont eat junk food and carbs are still low, I would be delighted by a 1:2 gain and that would be ideal. Anything between is something I would take.

arun kumar, Recyan, papanna and 3 others like this.
  3. KSVASU

KSVASU Active Member

06-04-2014
    Thanq... I have to increase my weight.....
    --- Post Auto Merged ---
    Vinay... please tell me the LCHF veg. diet to increase the weight ... I need it badly.. I lost muscle in a big way during my medication for diabetes...

4. Vinay Raj

Vinay Raj Moderator

Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    Increase protein intake to about 1-1.2g/Kg and certainly do some resistance/strength training exercise 4-5 times a week. Both are a must to gain LBM. Keep in mind, muscle is high maintenance and hence body keeps only as much as it needs. Fat on the other hand is a reserve and body accumulates it happily. Therefore you need to be very careful when you gain "weight". If one is metabolically healthy and normal (diabetics/ pre-diabetics/ any form of IR people are not) then body regulates weight in a +-1-2kg range over a year, by optimizing metabolism. In diabetics, increased caloric intake or carb intake ends up getting stored as fat and hence counter productive. Its a fine line and exercise is the key to gain lbm. I do not believe as much in the eat more to gain weight, eat less to lose weight theory, as while its correct in some sense, it makes more sense to eat right to gain weight and eat right to lose weight which is more impactful.
    Let me know if you have specific questions.

KSVASU, Recyan, papanna and 2 others like this.
  5. KSVASU

KSVASU Active Member

06-04-2014
    Thanq Vinay....

6. PeterDougs

PeterDougs New Member

I don't think cheese could gain you weight. Cheese is a part of my daily diet and I still weigh the same.

Recyan and papanna like this.