1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest Wondering How To Switch to LCHF Diet? Check Here
    Dismiss Notice
Welcome dLife.in Community!

If you are new here, please take time to READ THIS and then signup for account. Please make sure you check your SPAM folder for email validation mail. Also white-list @dlife.in in your mail client.

Anup Singh's Blood Sugar Readings

Discussion in 'Today's Blood Sugar Readings' started by Anup Singh, Feb 7, 2017.

1. elle jay

elle jay Well-Known Member

My logic may/may not be flawed, but this is how i choose to look at it :

If I were my paleolithic ancestor out on a leisurely stroll and found a fruit/ fruit tree I wouldn't be thinking OMG! Is that fruit going to * kick me out of ketosis* . I would yell "yabba dabba doo " to all my roomies ( cave/tribe mates) and we would all feast on what we found .

Granted, fruit those days was not he same fruit we eat today and it was never available the year round. However, I think by now we all kinda sorta know what fruit does and can use common sense in deciding portion size and/or frequency . And tropical fruits are not as exotic to us as it would be for westerners - our RNA is certainly different from that of the Inuits.

I'd say, go for the mango, sir, while it is in season . The more we fight cravings, the more strongly they return to taunt us . After all we're in this for the long haul .

I tend to agree fully with @Anup Singh sir's mantra on this. Stick to 100gm carbs, nothing off limits, stay hypocaloric when you overdo the carbs, and walk x kilometres for every y gram of carbs over 100gms ( I always forget the exact numbers .. and then scramble ard like crazy , hoping to find which thread i read that info on :D)

Asp, Recyan, Ramgopal and 2 others like this.
  2. Hariharan

Hariharan It's the carbs, stupid!

Diabetic Since (dd-mm-yyyy):
    Diabetes Type:
    Type 2
    Thanks boss @Vinay Raj
    I know that funda about the big 3, which is why I sneak in the bench press.
    I have put the other 2 on hold because of physical reasons.
    But your confirmation gives me further motivation to resume deadlifts & squats again.
    Thanks boss @Anup Singh
    I generally do singlehand shoulderpress and bicep curls so that I can alternate hands and keep going.
    I also do doublehand tricep extensions to complete that series.

Asp, Recyan, Anup Singh and 2 others like this.